Most of the essential info is here but please feel free to drop me a line if you want to know any more.
How much is it?
Which light will we shoot with?
- We'll shoot with studio or natural light. Whichever light we go for, It's all shot against the same backdrop in the same room and our primary focus is on you and helping you look alive. This means the light we use is actually a much smaller decision than you may think.
If you have a preferred light based on the examples here be sure to let me know when you contact me.
What do you get?
- I will email you all the shots we take as low res jpegs. This means you can review them on your computer in your own time. I usually send the shots over for you to choose the same day once payment has gone through.
- You choose 2 shots which I will edit and send to you as hi res digital files. I will also edit one of your 2 choices in black and white.
- You may purchase extra edited colour shots for £25 each.
- Please allow 10 days for your chosen images to be edited (but I usually get them done much quicker).
What should I bring with me?
You just need yourself, a few changes of top and anything you need to do your hair/make-up.
Where are you based?
I'm based in SW London.
What should I wear?
It's impossible to answer this question as no 2 people are the same. What I can say is that if you bring plenty of options we can try things out and find what works best.
How many shots will you take?
How long is a piece of string...
We will shoot as many images as we need to (and probably a few more).
How long does it take?
I'm going to need that piece of string again...
Again, we will take as long as we need but it's generally around 1 - 1.5 hours... (ish).
Why do you only give me one black and white version?
I love black and white, but nobody uses black and white headshots anymore.
How long do you keep the shots on file?
I'll keep the shots on file for at least a year so if you want extra edits in the future it's no problem.
Can I have some shots outside?
No, I shoot all of my headshots indoors so that I can guarantee a consistent aesthetic.
...But I want some trees in the background...
I'm not even going there.
Can I charge my phone?
Who took your headshots?
I have a huge spot on the end of my nose, should I cancel?
Photoshop exists to help out with little things like spots which we all know can pop up at the most inappropriate times.
How do I pay you?
You can pay cash or bank transfer on the day, either way I can give you a receipt for your records.
I don't want to pay for extra shots so can I just have extras unedited?
Can I edit the shots myself?
What if I don't like the shots?
We will take our time to review the shots together throughout the session and this will allow us to create the shots you require. If you are honest with yourself and me during the session we can't go wrong. There is no right to reject on the basis of style, content, composition or editing.
How do I know you're not just some crazy bloke with a camera?
I'm a Founder Member of The APHP.
What is The APHP?